Thursday, June 25, 2009

Transformers (second in a series of posts concerning TF 2 and the lengths I had to go through to watch it) : Weapons of mass destruction.

(Photo: ign.com)

Like I said last post, I recently went to the opening midnight showing of Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen. I'd been mowing the lawn about 2 hours before my friends and I actually went to the theater. Our household has an electric lawnmower that plugs up to an outlet. Now, I'm all about going green and protecting the environment, but holy shit that thing gets on my nerves. Our yard is way too big for it. Anyway, I was putting in work, being a good back-at-home-for-the-summer college student, and minding my business, when I felt something hot on my hand. When I looked down I saw a huge yellow jacket molesting the top part of my hand near the right-pointer knuckle. I slapped the mofo, yelled and took off toward the front of the yard (I was in the back) with what seemed like ten yellow jackets in tow. After I got inside and took off my clothes, I found four or five that were apparently lounging in my pants. Who knows where they could have been. Around my boy parts and whatnot. Damn pervey interspeciesexual wasps.
This traumatic occurrence caused me to think of yellow jackets every time I saw Bumblebee on screen. Most unfortunate since Bumblebee is one of my more favorite Transformers, at least in the movies. A tinge of hate riddled my every appreciation of his appearance. Yeah, it was that serious.
So in light of all this, I thought I would enlighten you guys with some ways you can get rid of wasps or, if you feel so inclined, a Transformer (shame on you!...unless it's a Decepticon, I guess...actually I don't really give a shit either way).
Here's a low-cost wasp trap that's apparently supposed to be pretty effective.

Pretty high-tech if I do say so myself. Check out how to make one here:
Wasp trap and other cool outdoor shit
To get rid of a Transformer:


I've only seen one of his movies, but I'm pretty sure Tony Jaa could get the job done. Especially if they took his elephants.